Daily Log 7/21/09
July 21, 2009 § Leave a comment
It was raining this morning and I couldn’t seem to get going. I think I was even half asleep in the beginning of my workout. Ugh!
Here’s my day:
a.m. – workout
1. syntrax nectar protein drink w/brown rice cake. After shower – green drink, green tea
2. chobani plain greek yogurt, blueberries, raw walnuts, squeeze of local honey
3. 3.5 oz grilled shrimp over salad of baby romaine, grape tomato, cucumber, asian dressing, cantaloupe
4. raw smoothie – frozen banana, water, pitted date, raw almonds, flax meal, hemp powder, raw cacao nibs
5. 1/2 cup indian spiced chickpeas w/ 1/4 c brown rice
6. ranier cherries (amazingly delish by the way), fruit and nut crunch bar
Workout – New Rules of Lifting for Women, Phase 2, Workout A
5 mins bike warm up followed by bridges
front squat push press – warm up set 35×4 then 2×10 – 45, 45
alternating – step up 2×10 – 12, 15, and dumbbell one point row 2×10 – 12, 15
alternating – static lunge rear foot elevated 2×10 – 12, 15 and push up 2×10
alternating – plank – two 60 second holds. Chose to do 45 degree angle variation, and cable horizontal wood chop 2×10 – 20, 30
5 mins bike and stretching
Weight portion of this workout was 33:41 due to longer rest periods so about 45 mins total.
I wasn’t quite sure what weight to pick for front squat push presses. Also, one point dumbbell rows are hard. I am having trouble with balance. It’s sort of like doing a one legged deadlift balancing on one foot and doing rows with two dumbbells. I hope that will get better.
I think I’m going to just do some kettlebell swing and TGU practice tomorrow. 🙂