Daily Log 7/22/09
July 22, 2009 § Leave a comment
I think grass pollen is getting higher in my area because I woke up with a killer sinus headache this morning. I decided to sleep a little later and push kettlebell practice to later in the day. I have been doing it in the evenings anyway and I kind of like it at the end of my day.
The kids had a playdate in an area where there is a great health food store and organic juice bar so I decided to make a quick stop there for some supplies for my next recipe experiment and a delicious juice.
Here’s my day:
1. syntrax nectar protein drink followed by green drink, organic coffee w/1% organic milk (I really needed this today!)
2. 1 cup strawberry kefir w/scoop Miracle Reds, serving of Mrs. Mays fruit nut crunch
3. fresh mozzarella cheese, roasted veggies, fresh basil in an ezekial wrap, a pear
4. from the juice bar: immunity juice – carrot, apple, beet, celery, lemon, ginger, and garlic YUM! 1/4 cup roasted soybeans
5. 1/2 cup Indian chickpeas (these taste even better the next day), 1/4 cup brown rice
6. plain greek yogurt w/blueberries, raw walnuts, squeeze of local honey
Workout – Kettlebell swings and TGUs. 103 swings done in sets of 15 (last set 13) and 30 seconds rest between sets. Also did 5 without weight turkish get ups on each side. I’m feeling stronger on my turkish get up form. I forgot to time it but it took about 15 minutes.
I think tomorrow I’m going to do sprints and move workout B of NROL4W to Friday. My shoulders and glutes have major DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness). I’ve been rolling myself on the foam roller every night.
Also, I have decided to cut back a little on my cardio for several reasons: 1. on the whole, my diet is pretty good; and 2. kettlebell swing and TGU practice is cardio as far as I’m concerned. Also, I want maximum effort on my lifts so I’m better off getting some extra zzzz’s than getting up to run or take another spin class.