Daily Log 7/23/09
July 23, 2009 § Leave a comment
Unfortunately, the weather did not cooperate with me this morning. Since it was 68 degrees, extremely humid, and looked like the threat of rain, I headed to the gym to do my sprints. In Phase 2 of New Rules of Lifting for Women, workout B has 15 mins of sprints added after the workout. Since I just don’t have the energy after doing weights most of the time, I am choosing to do those sprints on a separate day. Also, I find that I do better getting up at the same time every day so I’d like to keep that consistent.
Here’s my day:
a.m. – workout
1. immediately following syntrax nectar protein drink, then after shower green drink, green tea
2. 1 cup strawberry kefir w/scoop Miracle Reds, Mrs. Mays nut and berry crunch
3. 1/2 cup Indian spiced chickpeas, 1/4 c brown rice, watermelon
4. sugar snap peas w/3 tablespoons hummus
5. 2 egg white, 1 egg omelet w/roasted veggies, feta cheese, a pear
6. plain greek yogurt w/blueberries, raw walnuts, squeeze of local honey
1 minute treadmill sprint intervals with 2 minute recovery for 15 minutes. When 8 mph felt too easy, I knew my sprints must have improved from track running. I got up to 10.5 mph which is a 5.65 minute mile. Can’t believe I kept that pace up for a minute!
Tomorrow morning, lifting.