Daily Log 7/24/09
July 24, 2009 § Leave a comment
This morning was lifting and I think I finally feel as though I’ve caught up on some sleep. I did notice today though that my daughter has a few more teeth coming in on the top! I predict there are more sleepless nights in my future. 🙂
Here’s my day:
a.m. – workout
1. immediately following – syntrax nectar protein drink. after shower – green drink, organic coffee w/organic 1% milk
2. 1 cup strawberry kefir w/scoop of Miracle Reds, Mrs. Mays nut berry crunch
3. a few pretzel sticks with spinach dip, then 1/2 burger on a potato bun w/ketchup, spinach salad w/mushrooms, goat cheese, craisins and balsamic vinagrette, chocolate dipped shell cannoli (oh yeah!)
4. shrimp salad on a fresh baked mini baguette (oh yeah!)
5. watermelon and some nuts if I’m even hungry
Workout – New Rules of Lifting for Women, Phase 2, workout B
5 mins bike warm up
wide grip deadlift from box
alternating – bulgarian split squat and underhand grip lat pulldown
alternating – reverse lunge from box w/forward reach and db prone cuban snatch
alternating – swiss ball crunch, reverse crunch, lateral flexion
prone cobra – 2 sets of 60 second holds
5 mins bike + stretching
Time for the weight portion was 42 mins so about 55 mins total. The rest periods are a little longer for this phase so the workout time is longer.
I really need to work on my grip strength. The wide grip deadlift and underhand grip lat pulldown were killing my grip. Also, the dumbbell prone cuban snatch was difficult. It’s looks easy enough illustrated in the book. It looks like an external shoulder rotation exercise and I guess it’s possible I need some work on that because I really couldn’t use more than 5 lb dumbbells.
The meals were not my usual healthy fare because I am finding I’m losing some more weight. I may not be eating enough day to day and since I don’t (and won’t) count calories, I’m choosing to just add more of a cheat into my week. I went to a pool party around lunchtime and split a burger with someone but I couldn’t pass up the cannoli. Then, I was planning a healthy dinner until my parents showed up with fresh baked mini baguettes and shrimp salad! They came with food AND to play with my kids! Yay!
Tomorrow is a rest day and I plan on enjoying it!