Daily Log 7/31/09
July 31, 2009 § Leave a comment
It’s the last day of the training week for me and I couldn’t even get up this morning because my sinuses were terrible. I am going to deal with it a few more days and if it’s not better, I’ll have to decide what I’m going to do.
Here’s my day:
1. syntrax nectar protein drink followed by green drink, organic coffee w/organic 1% milk
2. 1 cup strawberry kefir w/a scoop of Miracle Reds, serving of Mrs Mays nut berry crunch
3. 2 egg white, 1 egg omelet w/roasted veggies, feta cheese and watermelon
4. veggie fries, a peach
This is where it doesn’t get so good. Parents came over with dinner again.
5. a roll with the inside dough taken out, half with chicken salad, half with shrimp salad
6. 1/2 c cottage cheese, blueberries and cherries, nut and seed crunch
Workout – New Rules of Lifting for Women, Phase 2, workout B
Warm up – bike 5 min
All are 2×10
wide grip deadlift from box 70, 80
alternating – bulgarian split squats 20, 30 and underhand lat pulldown 60, 70
alternating – reverse lunge w/forward reach 12, 15 and db prone cuban snatch 5, 5
alternating – swiss ball crunch, reverse crunch, lateral flexion
5 min bike + stretching
Weight workout time 39:46 so about 52 mins total.
I’m finding having food in your stomach really makes a weight workout more effective. I knew this anyway from personal experience but it wasn’t until today that I really felt the difference. Maybe 5:30 am isn’t the best time for me to lift. If I can work it out with my husband’s Brazilian Jiu Jitsu schedule, then I will consider changing my workout time a few days a week.
Tomorrow is my day off and I plan to relax and hopefully get better.