Daily Log 8/2/09
August 2, 2009 § Leave a comment
I was all fueled up and ready to take on another training week this morning. Yesterday was the usual diet with sushi for dinner. I wanted to do some sprints at the track this morning but the grass pollen count is near the highest level (11 on a scale of 1 – 12), plus it’s dreadfully humid out so I went to the gym instead.
I went to the organic farm and got lots of great produce today. Beets, zucchini, cucumbers, and cilantro which cost me $6. Then my mom picked blueberries, green beans, corn, and tomatoes at another local farm so I should be all stocked up for the week.
Here’s my day:
a.m. – Workout 1
1. immediately following – syntrax nectar protein drink. after shower – green drink organic coffee w/organic whole milk
2. 1 cup strawberry kefir, scoop of Miracle Reds, serving of Mrs. Mays nut and berry crunch
3. Thai green shrimp curry w/green beans, bamboo shoots, 1/4 c brown rice, a pear
4. smoothie – 1 cup coconut milk strawberry kefir, 1 cup water, a frozen banana, 1/4 c raw almonds, a tablespoon each of raw cacao nibs, hemp powder, flax meal – Serves 2 (split it with hubby)
5. dark meat chicken, 1/4 c brown rice, roasted asparagus
6. Blueberry crisp (will post recipe tomorrow), w/plain greek yogurt
Workout 1 – Sprints 1 min 8.5 mph – 10.5 mph, 2 min rest for 15, then additional 1 (45 sec) sprint at 10.5, and 1 (30 sec) sprint at 10.5. I did some assisted chin ups. The best were 2 at 25 lbs of assistance so 2×100 lb chin up. Then I did it again 2×15 prone jackknife (I know, I know).
Workout 2 – 200 swings with a 12kg kettlebell. Sets of 20 with 30 second rest between sets for a time of 10:49. Then 5 min TGU practice with a water bottle.
Tomorrow is spinning.