Daily Log 8/10/09
August 10, 2009 § Leave a comment
Very busy day. It started off getting up at 4 am for no reason. I took the kids to a Mexican Day themed pool party at noon right in the middle of this 95 degree humid weather. My sister’s friend throws it every year in August for the past 9 years now! I have gone to every one. I didn’t eat the best but I’m not going to dwell on it. I did get in two workouts today which was my plan.
Here’s my day:
Workout 1 – spin class
1. immediately following – syntrax nectar protein drink. after shower – green drink, green tea
2. 1 cup strawberry kefir w/scoop of Miracle Reds, serving of Mrs. Mays nut berry crunch
3. a few pretzels w/spinach dip, a few chips with mexican dip, a cranberry Mike’s lemonade, chicken breast w/peppers and onions in a tortilla w/guacamole, a small piece of some artichoke pie someone made AND I left before dessert!
4. 3 oz spicy taco ground chicken w/ 1/4 cup quinoa, shredded cheese, Mrs. Mays nut and berry crunch, watermelon
Workout 2– 150 swings with a 12kg kettlebell in sets of 15 w/20 second rest between sets 9:24, then 5 minutes TGU (without weight) practice
5. 1/2 cup 2% cottage cheese, blueberries, nut and seed crunch
It was so brutally hot at the party that I did have a Mike’s lemonade but I skipped dessert which is very good. We got spoiled with such a mild summer this year that we’re just not used to the heat and humidity.
Tomorrow is lifting!