Update on the Last Few Days
August 16, 2009 § 3 Comments
The last few days have been crazy. For the most part I stuck to a good eating plan up until party day. The day of the party, I did have a green drink first thing and then I wasn’t able to eat again until the party. I was very limited on fruits and veggies toward the end of the week just trying to have room in my refrigerators for catering trays filled with food. The weather was hot but perfect for a pool party. I’d say it was about 88 degrees and humid.
Here’s what we served:
- nitrate free organic hot dogs, potato rolls, and all the sides saukraut, relish, etc.
- California burger bar – 88% lean beef burgers on potato rolls with choice of cheese, pepperjack or cheddar, avocado, nitrate free bacon, red onion, tomato, lettuce
- asian grilled shrimp kabobs – shrimp marinated in Ken’s lite asian sesame dressed with grated garlic cloves and fresh ginger
- mostly organic baked beans made with nitrate free organic bacon cooked for 6 hours in a 300 degree oven
- mostly organic carrot slaw – 1 lb shredded carrots, 1 cup plain organic yogurt, 1 (20 oz) can pineapple tidbits, 1/2 cup raisins (soaked in hot water for 30 mins, drained, then added), 1 tablespoon sugar, 1/4 tsp salt, dash of cinnamon
- roasted organic veggie pasta salad
- dill potato salad
- scalloped potatoes
- eggplant parmigiana
- Stouffers mac + cheese (this I took some help with)
- Birthday cake, fresh fruit, chocolate chip cookie platter
Here’s a picture of us from the party. My son is in the bottom left of the picture.
And a great picture of Simone enjoying her cake. I think she may take after me as a dessert lover. 🙂
One more of the birthday girl walking with a little assistance.
I’m so happy the party was a success and Simone had a wonderful time. The next big project is school clothes shopping. Ugh!
Separately, I have just finished Phase 2 of New Rules of Lifting for Women. Instead of taking a week off between phases as the book suggests, I’m going to take 1 day off….today. I’m back to serious business tomorrow. I feel like I’ve been off my schedule a bit even though I only missed two workouts. The important thing is that the missed workouts were a cardio and a kettlebell workout and not lifting.