Daily Log 8/18/09
August 18, 2009 § Leave a comment
I knew this morning’s workout was going to be longer than usual because of the rest times but I had no idea it was going to be an hour. Who the hell does one hour workouts anymore? Next I’ll be doing steady state cardio! Just kidding. Not a chance people. In any case, I am happy to be doing different exercises and “The Matrix” is killer.
Here’s my day:
a.m. – workout
1. immediately follow – syntrax nectar protein drink, brown rice cake. after shower – green drink, organic coffee w/organic whole milk
2. 1 cup strawberry kefir w/scoop Miracle Reds, serving Mrs Mays nut berry crunch
3. 2.5 oz grilled chicken breast, baked beans, scalloped potatoes, fruit salad (watermelon, canteloupe, green grapes)
4. serving Mrs Mays and veggie fries
5. 3 oz grilled shrimp, pico de gallo salsa, carrot slaw
6. plain greek yogurt, blueberries, nut and seed crunch
Workout – New Rules of Lifting for Women, Phase 3, workout A
3 mins bike
All are 3×6
one armed dumbbell snatch 12, 15, 15 (these are fun!)
alternating – db single leg romanian deadlift 10, 12, 12 and barbell bent over row 45, 55, 55
alternating – db single arm overhead squat 5/10, 5/10, 5/10 (These are harder than I thought!)
alternating – 45 degree plank hold for 90 secondsx3 and reverse woodchop 30, 30, 30
With the rest periods given, this took me 53:33! Then the hard part……
2 rounds of “The Matrix” – 24 squats, 12 lunges, 12 lunge jumps, 24 squat jumps
Round 1 was 3:24, I rested for the same time not double the time as suggested. Round 2 was 3:07 because I just couldn’t stand the burning in my legs any longer! Wow that was tough!
Tomorrow morning I’ll be sleeping in then kettlebell practice in the evening.