Daily Log 8/23/09
August 23, 2009 § Leave a comment
I enjoyed my day off yesterday. I went to a kid birthday party and didn’t have the pizza or the cake which was my plan. My eating was good all day and we ordered sushi for dinner.
Here’s my day:
1. immediately following – syntrax nectar protein drink. after shower – green drink, organic coffee w/organic whole milk
2. oatmeal pancakes, w/blueberries, squeeze of honey
3. 1 cup strawberry kefir, serving of almond blueberry crunch
4. 2 bean chipotle chili (will post recipe this week), 1/4 cup brown rice, sprinkle of cheese
5. pomegranate greek yogurt w/raw walnuts, serving of nut and seed crunch
Workout 1– 1 minute treadmill sprints (8.5 mph – 10.7 mph), 2 minutes recovery for 15. Total treadmill time 25 mins. THEN, I went over to assisted dip/pullup machine and decided to try the chin up with no assistance. I was able to do one and half. I’m so thrilled! Then I did 2×3 with 25 lbs of assistance just for the hell of it. 🙂
Workout 2– Kettlebell swings with 12kg. Sets of 20 with 20 seconds rest in 8:53. This was tough. I don’t wear a heart rate monitor but I’m pretty sure my heart rate was up there.
I’ve decided to break up the swing and TGU practice just to focus more on each. I also ordered an 8kg and once that arrives, I’m going to add practicing one arm swings and cleans.
Tomorrow morning is spin class and TGU practice in the evening.