Daily Log 8/24/09
August 24, 2009 § Leave a comment
I was so happy to see the regular spin teacher at the gym this morning! The class was great. I love doing one class a week because I really do look forward to it. Great start to the day.
Here’s the rest of my day:
a.m. – Workout 1 – spin class
1. immediately following – syntrax nectar protein drink. after shower – green drink, organic coffee w/organic whole milk
2. 1 cup strawberry kefir w/scoop miracle reds, serving almond blueberry crunch
3. 3 buttermilk oatmeal pancakes (will post recipe soon), cantaloupe
4. raw sugar snap peas and broccoli w/3 tablespoons hummus, serving of almond blueberry crunch
5. 2 bean chipotle chili, 1/4 c brown rice, watermelon
Workout 2 – kettlebell practice (see below)
6. plain greek yogurt, blueberries, raw walnuts, squeeze honey, nut and seed crunch bar
I was hungry today. Probably the kettlebell work I’m adding in a few days a week. In any case, I ate more than I usually do. 🙂
7 minutes TGUs with an 8 lb dumbbell. This was a good lesson for me. I could tell I was getting tired at about 6 minutes but pushed through. I probably would not do that next time.
I also did 4 cleans on each side with a 12kg bell. I found out today my 8kg is backordered for 3 – 4 weeks! My choices are to buy a cheap 8kg bell to practice cleans or try it with the 12kg that I have. The first one on each side was fine but then it started going downhill from there.
My plan is to use the 12kg and go with the limited instruction I have on cleans. I also plan to use my Enter the Kettlebell book and some excellent YouTube RKC videos to guide me until I take Dr. Cheng’s workshop on October 3rd.
Tomorrow morning is lifting. I am cringing at the thought of “the matrix”!