Daily Log 8/25/09
August 25, 2009 § Leave a comment
I had a very difficult time getting up this morning but I dragged myself out of bed to get it over with!
Here’s my day:
a.m. – workout
1. immediately following – syntrax nectar protein drink, brown rice cake. after shower – green drink, organic coffee w/organic whole milk (guess I’m not kicking coffee anytime soon!)
2. pomegranate greek yogurt w/handful raw walnuts
3. 2 bean chipotle chili, 1/4 cup brown rice
4. serving almond blueberry crunch, watermelon
5. 3 oz ground chicken w/organic taco seasoning over 1/4 cup brown rice, shredded cheese, guacamole, salsa, handful of green grapes
6. 1/2 cup 2% cottage cheese w/blueberries, nut and seed crunch bar
Really bummed that every time I buy sprouted corn tortillas, they get moldy before I can eat them! Once again I had to have the ground chicken over brown rice instead. People often laugh about the organic taco seasoning. You would not believe what’s in regular taco seasoning. MSG and other nasty stuff. Spend the extra 50 cents or better yet make a mix yourself.
I also must note here that I am really craving guacamole and chips. Not sure if I will have some or try desperately to do something to get them off my mind!
Workout – New Rules of Lifting for Women, Phase 3, workout A
all are 3×6
one arm dumbbell snatch – 12, 15, 20
alternating – db single romanian deadlift – 10, 12, 15 and barbell bent over row – 50, 55, 55
alternating – db single arm overhead squat 5/10, 5/10, 5/10 and db incline bench press – 12, 15, 20
superset (instead of alternating because the workout was taking too long) 45 degree plank (3×90 second holds), reverse wood chop – 30, 30, 40
This portion of the workout took me 48:09. Now for the torture….I mean the matrix. 24 squats, 12 lunges, 12 lunge jumps, 24 squat jumps
Round 1 was 3:20, rested for 3:20 (supposed to rest for double the time but workout was too long). Round 2 was 3:10.
Tomorrow morning I will sleep in a little bit and I am planning kettlebell practice in the evening.