Daily Log 8/30/09
August 30, 2009 § 1 Comment
I felt like changing it up a bit this morning so I decided to do Randy Couture’s grappling barbell complex. Great fun! Yesterday’s diet was very good with Indian food for dinner. I ordered chole peshwari, a spicy chickpea dish with fresh spices and ginger, basmati rice, and some naan to go with. 😉
Here’s my day:
a.m. – Workout 1
1. immediately following – syntrax nectar protein drink, brown rice cake. after shower – green drink, organic coffee w/organic 1% milk
2. homeade beef jerky and Thai sticky rice. Delicious!
3. 1 cup strawberry kefir w/scoop Miracle Reds, Mrs May’s nut berry crunch
4. leftover eggplant parmesan, watermelon
5. plain greek yogurt w/fresh strawberries, nut and seed crunch bar
Workout 1 – Randy Couture grappling circuit. 5 rounds w/35 lb barbell with 1 minute rest between rounds. Total time was 19:23. Here’s the exercises I did all x8:
- bent over rows
- military press
- good morning
- front squat push press
35lb barbell was easy for maybe the first 2 or 3 rounds. Rounds 4 and 5 were difficult but manageable. I took upright rows out from the circuit and did front squat push press instead of a squat push press because I felt more comfortable doing that. Here’s the link with video to the original killer workout. I followed this sweatfest with 3 chin ups. Yay!
Workout 2 – About 5 sprints outside for videotaping purposes. My son joined in on the fun as well. 🙂
Tomorrow morning is spinning.