Daily Log 9/22/09 and a Trip to Cherry Grove Farm
September 23, 2009 § Leave a comment
I’ve been really bad about logging my days. It seems since school has started I’ve had so many obligations that something had to go on the back burner. I’ve been getting all my workouts in and eating well with the exception of Sunday when I ate an obscene about of candy corns. Well not obscene but pretty bad. What is my problem?
Over the weekend, we took a trip to a 400 acre organic farm in Lawrenceville, NJ. When we started down the road back to the farm, we could see green pastures and cows grazing and roaming freely. Now THIS is what a farm is supposed to look like! I purchased fresh eggs, a pound of ground beef from grass fed and finished cows, and some raw milk Herdsman cheese which tastes like a mild cheddar. I read that raw milk and raw milk cheeses have more enzymes and good bacteria than kefir so I thought it was worth trying before full flu season hits. I snapped a few photos. My daughter liked the animals so much she cried when I tried to put her in the car!
Here’s my day:
a.m. – workout
1. syntrax nectar protein drink, brown rice cake. green drink, organic coffee w/organic whole milk
2. 1 cup strawberry kefir w/scoop of Miracle Reds, serving of almond blueberry crunch
3. roasted zucchini, green pepper, and red onion w/fresh mozzarella on an ezekial wrap, a pear
4. raw sugar snap peas w/3 tablespoons hummus, handful of veggie fries
5. shrimp curry w/veggies over 1/4 cup white rice
6. plain greek yogurt, fresh blueberries, raw walnuts, squeeze of honey, nut and seed crunch bar
Workout – New Rules of Lifting for Women, Phase 4, workout A
front squat push press 50, 50
alternating – step up 12, 15 and dumbbell one point row 12, 15
alternating static lunge rear foot elevated 12, 15 and push ups
alternating – plank (2 minute hold) I did the 45 degree angle variation and cable horizontal chop 30, 40
This took 36:22.
Tomorrow morning I will sleep in and then do some kettlebell practice during the day.