Daily Log 9/27/09
September 27, 2009 § Leave a comment
The start of another week. This week’s schedule will be a little different. I’m going to make Friday my day off because Saturday I will attending a kettlebell workshop taught by Dr. Mark Cheng. I hope to pick up some great information and of course move better by the end of the workshop.
Here’s my day:
1. syntrax nectar protein drink, green drink, organic coffee w/organic 1% milk
2. 1 cup plain kefir w/scoop Miracle Reds, serving almond blueberry crunch, green tea
3. 4 oz homemade chicken salad on an ezekial wrap, a mug of roasted butternut squash soup ( I made another batch yesterday).
4. veggie fries, candy corns (I know, I know)
5. leftover spaghetti squash mixed with Barilla Plus spaghetti, w/homemade mushroom tomato sauce and meatballs
6. plain greek yogurt, blueberries, raw walnuts, squeeze of honey, nut and seed crunch bar
I am so thrilled my kids ate the spaghetti and meatballs I made last night. I made the meatballs with the beef we got from the organic farm last week. It was very lean and delicious. I have made the same meatball recipe for a quite a few years now and you can find it here if you’re interested.
Also, you may have noticed I’ve been pretty lax with my eating lately. Eating some wheat here and there and handfuls of candy corns here and there :). I find that it doesn’t affect me anymore as far as scale weight (surprising huh?). As a matter of fact I think it probably in some way helps my goals to change it up even if it is eating undesirable foods. I just don’t want to get used to eating this way though.
Workout 1– kettlebell practice – 1 – 2 handed swings w/12 kg, cleans presses w/8kg
Workout 2– kettlebell practice – 5 mins TGUs followed by mobility drills and lots of foam rolling. The kind of foam rolling where you are cursing inside. Yeah my quads are that tight.
Tomorrow I’m hoping the spin teacher shows up or I’m going to be running.