Daily Log 10/14/09
October 14, 2009 § Leave a comment
Today seemed to be another difficult day for me. I barely slept last night because my daughter is sick also. I took her to the doctor today and thankfully it’s not an ear infection, just the molars coming in giving her some pain.
I was very saddened to learn a childhood friend of my sister’s took her own life yesterday, on my birthday. We lived on the same street growing up and I was friends with her older sister. I am just trying to understand what would make someone feel they didn’t have any hope or a friend, counselor, or parent to lean on. Seeing the comments on her Facebook page has made my cry several times today. It is really just so tragic and heartbreaking.
Here’s my day:
1. green drink, organic coffee w/organic whole milk
2. 1 cup plain kefir w/scoop Miracle Reds, cashews
3. leftover Indian food, spicy chickpeas, rice, naan
4. tall nonfat latte from Starbucks
5. Thai green shrimp curry over 1/4 cup brown rice
6. 1/2 banana, raw walnuts, squeeze of honey over plain greek yogurt, nut and seed crunch bar
Workout – kettlebell practice 5 minutes TGUs and 20 swings with the new 16kg.
I was not feeling up to anything else. My focus wasn’t there. Unfortunately when I have stress going on, my natural reaction is to get sick so I now have a sore throat from lack of sleep and stress. If I get a good night of rest I will get up and run sprints tomorrow otherwise they’ll have to be postponed to later in the week.