Recipe: Black Bean Avocado Salsa
June 11, 2010 § 6 Comments
I had this salsa at a party many years ago, and the hostess gave me the recipe. I make it every summer almost all summer long. It’s especially amazing if you have access to fresh tomatoes and sweet white corn. It’s great with tortilla chips, as a side dish, or over egg whites.
- 2 (14 oz) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 oz) can corn, drained OR 3 ears of fresh corn boiled, then cut the kernels off
- 1 medium or 1/2 of large red onion chopped
- 1 large tomato seeded and chopped
- 2 avocados (not too ripe) diced
- 1 large handful of fresh cilantro (or parsley) chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- juice of 2 limes
Mix black beans, corn, red onion, tomato, cilantro or parsley, olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper, and juice of 1 lime. Cover and put in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight. Before serving, cut and add the avocado and the juice of the other lime. Serve immediately.
Serves – a bunch of people. 🙂
Hope you’ll give this recipe a try this summer!