Recipe: Cucumber Dill Salad
August 26, 2010 § 1 Comment
This is a great salad to take to a barbecue or to just to use up all those in season cucumbers. It doesn’t contain any dairy so it can sit outside without worry.
- 2 farm fresh cucumbers or a large english cucumber
- 3 tablespoons Bragg’s organic apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon organic unbleached cane sugar or agave
- pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 medium red onion thinly sliced into half rings
- handful of fresh dill chopped
Peel cucumber completely or partially remove peel for a decorative touch, then cut cucumber down the middle and thinly slice. Add the red onion. In a separate bowl, combine the apple cider vinegar, sugar or agave, salt and pepper and dill. Once the sugar dissolves, add it to the cucumber and red onion. Let it marinate in the refrigerator at least a few hours. I will usually make it in the morning for a late afternoon barbecue.
Here’s a photo for you:
Hope you’ll give this recipe a try! Enjoy!